account of 中文 EN
- 动词 (Verb)
- VT OBS To esteem; to prize; to value.
- Valentine. I mean that her beauty is exquisite, but her favour infinite. / Speed. That's because the one is painted, and the other out of all count. / Valentine. How painted? and how out of count? / Speed. Marry, sir, so painted, to make her fair, that no man counts of her beauty. / Valentine. How esteem'st thou me? I account of her beauty. / Speed. You never saw her since she was deformed?
- [ …] the account of his second expedition was carefully redacted, [ …]
- I need to update my records to take account of the most recent transaction.
- In this solid account of the calamitous effect of dry utopianism on New York City, Lerner explains how the Prohibition amendment was passed and why its execution failed.
Meaning of account of for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en account to
- en account for
- en accounted
- en accounting
- en accountant