- 名词 (Noun)PLactivesSUF-ive
- A person or thing that is acting or capable of acting.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore activeSUPmost active
- Having the power or quality of acting; causing change; communicating action or motion; acting;—opposed to passive, that receives.
- certain active principles; the active powers of the mind
- Quick in physical movement; of an agile and vigorous body; nimble.
- an active child or animal
- In action; actually proceeding; working; in force; — opposed to quiescent, dormant, or extinct.
- active laws; active hostilities
- Given to action; constantly engaged in action; energetic; diligent; busy; — opposed to dull, sluggish, indolent, or inert.
- an active man of business; active mind; active zeal
- Requiring or implying action or exertion;—opposed to sedentary or to tranquil.
- active employment or service active scenes
- Given to action rather than contemplation; practical; operative; — opposed to speculative or theoretical.
- an active rather than a speculative statesman
- Brisk; lively.
- an active demand for corn
- Implying or producing rapid action.
- an active disease; an active remedy
- (heading, grammar) About verbs.
- (gay sexual slang) (of a homosexual man) enjoying a role in anal sex in which he penetrates, rather than being penetrated by his partner.
- Parsons was Winston's fellow-employee at the Ministry of Truth. He was a fattish but active man of paralysing stupidity, a mass of imbecile enthusiasms
- Coming to the pharmacokinetic profiles of baicalein, studies from different research group reported that baicalein is an active endosomatic constituent [13 ].
- Plant-derived active phytometabolites, as well as their semi-synthetic and synthetic analogs, have served as a major route to the development of new pharmaceuticals compounds [1 ].
Meaning of active for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr active
- en actively
- fr activer
- fr activez
- en actives