总数, 数量, 和
- 名词 (Noun)PLamounts
- The total, aggregate or sum of material (not applicable to discrete numbers or units or items in standard English).
- The amount of atmospheric pollution threatens a health crisis.
- A quantity or volume.
- Pour a small amount of water into the dish.
- The dogs need different amounts of food.
- (nonstandard, sometimes proscribed) The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- 动词 (Verb)SGamountsPRamountingPT, PPamounted
- VI (followed by to) To total or evaluate.
- It amounts to three dollars and change.
- VI (followed by to) To be the same as or equivalent to.
- He was a pretty good student, but never amounted to much professionally.
- His response amounted to gross insubordination
- OBS VI To go up; to ascend.
- the relatives who had been helping slipped away as I grew older, attriting for various reasons that all amounted to the same reason.
- We took advantage of our large amount of data and on machine learning to set-up a fast webtool combining all existing taxonomies including the newly proposed consensual “expert” one.
- In our hands and in the presence of sarkosyl, the amount of soluble protein and the final yield were acceptable (Fig 1A and 1B).
- If they would've made Gex 2 with the same style as the original, instead of crappifying it a la Crash Bandicoot, it would've sold huge amounts.
Meaning of amount for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en amounts
- en amounted
- en amounteth
- en amounting