appearance 中文 EN[əˈpɪəɹəns] US
出现, 来到, 外观
- 名词 (Noun)PLappearancesSUF-ance
- The act of appearing or coming into sight; the act of becoming visible to the eye.
- His sudden appearance surprised me.
- A thing seen; a phenomenon; an apparition.
- There was a strange appearance in the sky.
- Personal presence; look; aspect; mien.
- Apparent likeness; external show; how something appears to others.
- Some people say I'm shallow because I care so much about my appearance.
- The act of appearing in a particular place, or in society, a company, or any proceedings; a coming before the public in a particular character.
- A person makes his appearance as an historian, an artist, or an orator.
- David Beckham's first appearance with the LA Galaxy at Giants Stadium against the New York Red Bulls last night drew a crowd of 66237.
- (law) The coming into court of either of the parties; the being present in court; the coming into court of a party summoned in an action, either by himself or by his attorney, expressed by a formal entry by the proper officer to that effect; the act or proceeding by which a party proceeded against places himself before the court, and submits to its jurisdiction.
- (medicine) Chiefly used by nurses: the act of defecation by a patient.
- The patient had a small bowel obstruction and there was no appearance until after the obstruction resolved.
- both male and female Adonise their tails in this manner, which gives them a remarkable appearance amongst all other birds.
- Of these, eight had a normal hysteroscopic appearance whereas three had an abnormal appearance (hyperplasia, etc.).
- The news account started by recounting details of the candidate's appearance and buried the lede by not mentioning his new call for tax reform until the 19th paragraph.
- Drop-crotching holds the crown within set limits without spoiling appearance.
- Everyone who came by oohed and aahed over her new appearance.
- More specifically, animals in the highest dose group had definable clinical signs on day two, decreased activity, anterior abdominal matting of haircoat, and an unkempt appearance.
Meaning of appearance for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en appearances