appearance 中文 EN[əˈpɪəɹəns] US
出现, 来到, 外观
- 名词 (Noun)PLappearancesSUF-ance
- The act of appearing or coming into sight; the act of becoming visible to the eye.
- His sudden appearance surprised me.
- A thing seen; a phenomenon; an apparition.
- There was a strange appearance in the sky.
- Personal presence; look; aspect; mien.
- Apparent likeness; external show; how something appears to others.
- Some people say I'm shallow because I care so much about my appearance.
- The act of appearing in a particular place, or in society, a company, or any proceedings; a coming before the public in a particular character.
- A person makes his appearance as an historian, an artist, or an orator.
- David Beckham's first appearance with the LA Galaxy at Giants Stadium against the New York Red Bulls last night drew a crowd of 66237.
- (law) The coming into court of either of the parties; the being present in court; the coming into court of a party summoned in an action, either by himself or by his attorney, expressed by a formal entry by the proper officer to that effect; the act or proceeding by which a party proceeded against places himself before the court, and submits to its jurisdiction.
- (medicine) Chiefly used by nurses: the act of defecation by a patient.
- The patient had a small bowel obstruction and there was no appearance until after the obstruction resolved.
- Although it was only City's second appearance in the Champions League, they had plenty of European experience in their ranks and they were confident in possession early on.
- Large and square-headed, fatuously complacent, pot-bellied, spade-handed and dumpy-footed, for all the world presenting the appearance of animated jelly.
- The old description of her departed predecessor, " a Yankee cheese-box on a raft," will give one a better idea of her external appearance than any chapter which could be written.
- to snudge along: to walk looking down, with an abstracted appearance.
- This big wallcrawler has remained somewhat obscure, probably due to its indistinct appearance.
- Drop-crotching holds the crown within set limits without spoiling appearance.
Meaning of appearance for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en appearances