- 名词 (Noun)PLauctionsSUF-tion
- A public event where goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.
- Auctions come in a wide variety. In a “Dutch auction”, often used to sell flowers and fruit, prices start high and gradually drop until a bidder is willing to pay up. A “Japanese auction” is a bit like poker: bids rise with each round and anyone who wants to win must bid every time. Vendors using auctions rid themselves of the headache of choosing prices and instead just pick the rules bidders must follow.
- 动词 (Verb)SGauctionsPRauctioningPT, PPauctioned
- To sell at an auction.
- I took your advice and auctioned off that old painting. You'll never believe I got over 2,000 pounds for it!
- On the other end was a first-time auction-goer named Chase Bailey wondering ifhe could still get an auction catalogue for the next day's big event.
Meaning of auction for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 3
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en auctioneer
- en auctions
- en auctioned
- en auctioning
- en auctionary