- 名词 (Noun)PLblowingsSUF-ing
- The act of one who blows, or that which blows.
- the blowings of a trumpet
- the puffings and blowings of an unfit runner
- 动词 (Verb)
- present participle of blow.
- Don’t take it personally when he shouts like that. He’s just blowing off steam.
- In some jurisdictions, it is illegal to fire a person for blowing the whistle on an employer.
- We've both been blowing off Peter all day: he's really boring.
- This is the distinguishing feature of the accomplished vuvuzelist. The vuvuzela blower lives by one golden rule: never stop blowing.
Meaning of blowing for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 2
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en blowings
- en blowing up
- en blowing out
- en blowing away
- en blowing down