- 名词 (Noun)PLbodies
- Physical frame.
- I saw them walking from a distance, their bodies strangely angular in the dawn light.
- The body is driven by desires, but the soul is at peace.
- Her body was found at four o'clock, just two hours after the murder.
- Indeed, if it belonged to a poor body, it would be another thing; but so great a lady, to be sure, can never want it [...]
- Main section.
- The boxer took a blow to the body.
- The bumpers and front tyres were ruined, but the body of the car was in remarkable shape.
- Penny was in the scullery, pressing the body of her new dress.
- In many programming languages, the method body is enclosed in braces.
- Coherent group.
- I was escorted from the building by a body of armed security guards.
- The local train operating company is the managing body for this section of track.
- We have now amassed a body of evidence which points to one conclusion.
- Material entity.
- All bodies are held together by internal forces.
- The voice had an extraordinary sadness. Pure from all body, pure from all passion, going out into the world, solitary, unanswered, breaking against rocks—so it sounded.
- The red wine, sadly, lacked body.
- In a gentle breeze, the whole body of air, as far as the breeze extends, moves at the rate of seven or eight miles an hour; in a high wind, at the rate of seventy, eighty, or an hundred miles an hour [...]
- (printing) The shank of a type, or the depth of the shank (by which the size is indicated).
- a nonpareil face on an agate body
- (geometry) a three-dimensional object, such as a cube or cone.
- 动词 (Verb)SGbodiesPRbodyingPT, PPbodied
- To give body or shape to something.
- To construct the bodywork of a car.
- VT To embody.
- The results show a fairly gracilized body build both in males and females, and a morphological convergence of the proportions of the two sexes.
- For example, in many taxocenes, body size has been shown to influence the way species use and divide resources and therefore could also limit their relative abundances [9 –12 ].
- Complete excision including tenosynovectomy is essential even in "non-specific" rice body tenosynovitis.
- Body fat content: retroperitoneal fat (retroperi), inguinal fat, periadrenal fat and armpit fat.
- The therapist recommends resting the mind and exercising the body.
- Introspectability cannot be the mark of the mental because one can introspect physical states, like indigestion or other internal physical events in the body.
- We find that motion near the surface of an irregular asteroid is quite different from the motion near the surface of a homoplastically spheroidal celestial body.
Meaning of body for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en bodyguard
- en bodye
- en bodyes
- en bodying
- en bodyism