- 名词 (Noun)PLbrights
- An artist's brush used in oil and acrylic painting with a long ferrule and a flat, somewhat tapering bristle head.
- OBS splendour; brightness.
- (neologism) A person with a naturalistic worldview with no supernatural or mystical elements.
- Brights constitute 60% of American scientists, and a stunning 93% of those scientists good enough to be elected to the elite National Academy of Sciences (equivalent to Fellows of the Royal Society) are brights.
- (US, in the plural) The high-beam intensity of motor vehicle headlamps.
- Your brights are on.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMbrighterSUPbrightest
- Visually dazzling; luminous, lucent, clear, radiant; not dark.
- Could you please dim the light? It's far too bright.
- Having a clear, quick intellect; intelligent.
- He's very bright. He was able to solve the problem without my help.
- Vivid, colourful, brilliant.
- The orange and blue walls of the sitting room were much brighter than the dull grey walls of the kitchen.
- Happy, in good spirits.
- I woke up today feeling so bright that I decided to have a little dance.
- Sparkling with wit; lively; vivacious; cheerful.
- Illustrious; glorious.
- Clear; transparent.
- (archaic) Manifest to the mind, as light is to the eyes; clear; evident; plain.
- She was all right. The abuse she was suffering wouldn't hurt her. The bright sun would forget all about it. The smoggy sky would turn brown studies to gold. (What crap.)
- It was a bright July morning, and she was showing off her garden, a “Through the Looking Glass” landscape of taxodium, cryptomeria and juniper, alliums, corkscrew grass and ostrich ferns [ …]
- The houses looked very bright when they whitewashed the whole neighborhood.
- Bright yellow gowns fit them tightly and umbrellaed from their waist to just below the knees.
Meaning of bright for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en brightness
- en brighter
- en brightly
- en brightest
- en brights