captain 中文 EN[ˈkæp.tɪn] US
陆军上尉, 队长 Captain
- 名词 (Noun)PLcaptainsSUF-ain
- A chief or leader.
- The person lawfully in command of a ship or other vessel.
- The captain is the last man to leave a sinking ship.
- An army officer with a rank between the most senior grade of lieutenant and major.
- A naval officer with a rank between commander and commodore.
- A commissioned officer in the United States Navy, Coast Guard, NOAA Corps, or PHS Corps of a grade superior to a commander and junior to a rear admiral (lower half). A captain is equal in grade or rank to an Army, Marine Corps, or Air Force colonel.
- One of the athletes on a sports team who designated to make decisions, and is allowed to speak for his team with a referee or official.
- The leader of a group of workers.
- John Henry said to the captain, "A man ain't nothing but a man."
- A maître d'.
- (Southern US) An honorific title given to a prominent person. See colonel.
- 动词 (Verb)SGcaptainsPRcaptainingPT, PPcaptained
- VI To act as captain.
- VT To exercise command of a ship, aircraft or sports team.
- The captain rarely referred to his wardroom for advice, and this lead to their malcontent.
- The episode is also a love story between Captain Cook and his beloved sea: the adventures of Mars through Neptune's kingdom of Pisces.
- Both men waited for the captain to make a decision. Finally, Dean broke the silence. "We need to know what to do, Captain! Before we sink!
- Captains do so dandle their doings, and dally in the service, as if they would not have the enemy subdued. – Edmund Spenser
- Captain Camara reacted angrily to these statements, telling reporters Monday that “Guinea is not a subprefecture, is not a neighborhood in France.”
- Captain Simon Katich (35 off 26) swiped three legside sixes to keep the scoreboard ticking along until he was dismissed right at the halfway point of the innings to leave NSW at 5-67.
- The talented 22-year-old is one of six players named to lead last year's wooden spooners, the group to be headed by James McDonald who had already been confirmed as the club's new captain.
- 1954, JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings, Vol 3, Houghton Mifflin Co., page 164 : But the victory did little to enhearten the captains.
Meaning of captain for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en captains
- en captaine
- en captainry
- en captained
- en captainly