clothes 中文 EN[kləʊ(ð)z] UK US US
- 名词 (Noun)BFclothPLcloths
- (plural only) Items of clothing; apparel.
- Even in an era when individuality in dress is a cult, his clothes were noticeable. He was wearing a hard hat of the low round kind favoured by hunting men, and with it a black duffle-coat lined with white.
- OBS plural of cloth.
- The covering of a bed; bedclothes.
- 动词 (Verb)BFcloth
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of clothe.
- After the second lunch, with a little more to drink, he helped her into her coat more zealously, smoothing the material down over one should blade as if the cloth had suddenly thrown up a ruckle.
- The crowd had to run away from the burning structure with only the clothes on their backs.
- ...carbon bisulphide, chloride of sulphur and sulphur precipitating substances, the surplus rubber adhering to the hide being then slickered off and finished with a cloth dipped in a rubber solvent.
- cloth that takes dye well ; paper that takes ink ; the leather that takes a certain kind of polish
- The silence of our meal was alone broken by the dull clattering of knives and forks, and the tinkling of the bell to summon the brisk waiter to bring wine and draw the cloth.
- At the spring sale, everyone zeroed in on the bargain clothes.
- True, he's a little young for full curmudgeonhood, but he's been working tirelessly at it for years, and he takes a gadfly's delight in pointing out that this or that emperor has no clothes.
Meaning of clothes for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en clothesline
- en clothespin
- en clothest
- en clotheses
- en clothesmen