- 名词 (Noun)PLcuttingsSUF-ing
- NC NU The action of the verb to cut.
- How many different cuttings can this movie undergo?
- NC A section removed from the larger whole.
- NC A newspaper clipping.
- NC A leaf, stem, branch, or root removed from a plant and cultivated to grow a new plant.
- NC An abridged selection of written work, often intended for performance.
- The actor had to make his cutting shorter to fit the audition time.
- NU The editing of film or other recordings.
- NU Self-harm; the act of cutting one's own skin.
- (machining) The process of bringing metals to a desired shape by chipping away the unwanted material.
- Turning, boring, milling, and drilling are all different kinds of metal cutting processes.
- NC A narrow passage, dug for a road, railway or canal to go through.
- 动词 (Verb)
- present participle of cut.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore cuttingSUPmost cutting
- (not comparable) That is used for cutting.
- I need some sort of cutting utensil to get through this shrink wrap.
- Of remarks, criticism, etc., potentially hurtful.
- The director gave the auditioning actors cutting criticism.
- Arsenal pressed forward again after half-time but other than a venomous Walcott shot that Howard repelled with a fine one-handed save, the hosts offered little cutting edge.
- Because they are generally quite thick, old telephone books are sometimes used in informal tests of a weapon's cutting ability.
- When a politician claims he can lower taxes without cutting spending, he's lying through his teeth.
Meaning of cutting for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en cuttings
- en cuttingly
- en cutting in
- en cutting it
- en cutting up