商业区, 闹区 下町
- 名词 (Noun)PLdowntownsPREdown-SUF-town
- (chiefly US) The main business part of a city or town, usually located at or near its center.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore downtownSUPmost downtown
- of, relating to, or situated in the downtown area.
- John walked everyday to his downtown job.
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore downtownSUPmost downtown
- in, or towards the downtown area; southward.
- You need to go downtown four blocks.
- (basketball) Outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket.
- That shot came from way downtown!
- Mr. Morales spoke before thousands of supporters in downtown La Paz on Saturday, some of whom were waving the wiphala, a multicolored flag representing indigenous people in Bolivia.
- They haven't been maintaining it, and the downtown area has really gone to pot over the past 20 years.
- For one parade-goer, the new parade is not novel, but a sad reminder that the traditional parade ideal “like everything else connected with downtown St. Catharines is dying.
- They plan to revamp the historical theater in the old downtown.
Meaning of downtown for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 5
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 6
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en downtowns
- en downtowner
- en downtowners