especially 中文 EN[ɪˈspɛʃ(ə)li] US
特别, 尤其, 格外
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore especiallySUPmost especiallySUF-ly
- (manner) In a special manner; specially.
- (focus) Particularly; to a greater extent than is normal.
- (focus) Used to place greater emphasis upon someone or something.
- Invite them all, especially Molly.
- So please, don’t ablesplain to me. Especially when you have no idea about the context of what bigotry you’re trying to justify.
- Phytate or phytic acid is a main storage form of phosphate and is ubiquitously distributed in plant foods, especially cereal grains and legumes.
- It's a tough stretch of road in the winter, especially without chains.
- Especially ITC show antimicrobial [ 6 , 7 ] and antinematicidal [ 8 , 9 ] activities, thereby being promising biofumigants.
- Especially ITC show antimicrobial and antinematicidal activities, thereby being promising biofumigants.
- Especially fungicides that contained famoxadone or fenhexamid decreased the amino acid concentration in grapes.
Meaning of especially for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en specially
- en especiall
- en expecially
- en 'specially
- en specialty