especially 中文 EN[ɪˈspɛʃ(ə)li] US
特别, 尤其, 格外
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore especiallySUPmost especiallySUF-ly
- (manner) In a special manner; specially.
- (focus) Particularly; to a greater extent than is normal.
- (focus) Used to place greater emphasis upon someone or something.
- Invite them all, especially Molly.
- The Greeks, especially those who would be thought adepts in mystic theology, ran after fantastic allegories  [ …] .
- This applies especially to the massive, hyperossified skull in which the maxilla is sutured posteriorly with the quadratojugal-quadrate, and the supratemporal opening is much reduced in size.
- connection (connect); also, especially formerly, connexion
- Especially ITC show antimicrobial and antinematicidal activities, thereby being promising biofumigants.
- Especially fungicides that contained famoxadone or fenhexamid decreased the amino acid concentration in grapes.
- Especially ITC show antimicrobial [ 6 , 7 ] and antinematicidal [ 8 , 9 ] activities, thereby being promising biofumigants.
Meaning of especially for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en specially
- en especiall
- en 'specially
- en expecially
- en specialty