family 中文 EN[ˈfæməli] US UK
- 名词 (Noun)PLfamilies
- NC A group of people who are closely related to one another (by blood, marriage or adoption); for example, a set of parents and their children; an immediate family.
- Our family lives in town.
- NC An extended family; a group of people who are related to one another by blood or marriage.
- NC A (close-knit) group of people related by blood, friendship, marriage, law, or custom, especially if they live or work together.
- crime family, Mafia family
- This is my fraternity family at the university.
- Our company is one big happy family.
- NC (taxonomy) A rank in the classification of organisms, below order and above genus; a taxon at that rank.
- Magnolias belong to the family Magnoliaceae.
- NC Any group or aggregation of things classed together as kindred or related from possessing in common characteristics which distinguish them from other things of the same order.
- Doliracetam is a drug from the racetam family.
- NC (music) A group of instruments having the same basic method of tone production.
- the brass family; the violin family
- NC (linguistics) A group of languages believed to have descended from the same ancestral language.
- the Indo-European language family; the Afro-Asiatic language family
- Used attributively.
- The dog was kept as a family pet.
- For Apocynaceae, this type of flower is a family characteristic.
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- Suitable for children and adults.
- It's not good for a date, it's a family restaurant.
- Some animated movies are not just for kids, they are family movies.
- Conservative, traditional.
- The cultural struggle is for the survival of family values against all manner of atheistic amorality.
- SLA Homosexual.
- I knew he was family when I first met him.
- She was from a large family and had many friends, so the funeral was crowded with mourning survivors.
- Bob lost his job, but somehow his family weathered the storm.
- As an application, we show that a family is Zariski equisingular if and only if it is Whitney equisingular and the numbers of cusps and double folds of a generic linear projection are constant on ..
- Family affiliations are indicated for nonpinniped species.
- Families doing it tough will receive more assistance from the government.
- Family members had been buried in the vault for centuries.
- In Saudi Arabia, one of the most conservative societies, one online rebel has rocked the Islamic establishment with tweeted allegations of corruption within the ruling royal family.
- We're making conditions unsafe for children and also creating a situation where there's more unemployment for working families.
- They've been stepping out since he told her he was interested in a family.
Meaning of family for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en familyish
- en familyism
- en familyist
- en familyists
- en familyless