family 中文 EN[ˈfæməli] US UK
- 名词 (Noun)PLfamilies
- NC A group of people who are closely related to one another (by blood, marriage or adoption); for example, a set of parents and their children; an immediate family.
- Our family lives in town.
- NC An extended family; a group of people who are related to one another by blood or marriage.
- NC A (close-knit) group of people related by blood, friendship, marriage, law, or custom, especially if they live or work together.
- crime family, Mafia family
- This is my fraternity family at the university.
- Our company is one big happy family.
- NC (taxonomy) A rank in the classification of organisms, below order and above genus; a taxon at that rank.
- Magnolias belong to the family Magnoliaceae.
- NC Any group or aggregation of things classed together as kindred or related from possessing in common characteristics which distinguish them from other things of the same order.
- Doliracetam is a drug from the racetam family.
- NC (music) A group of instruments having the same basic method of tone production.
- the brass family; the violin family
- NC (linguistics) A group of languages believed to have descended from the same ancestral language.
- the Indo-European language family; the Afro-Asiatic language family
- Used attributively.
- The dog was kept as a family pet.
- For Apocynaceae, this type of flower is a family characteristic.
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- Suitable for children and adults.
- It's not good for a date, it's a family restaurant.
- Some animated movies are not just for kids, they are family movies.
- Conservative, traditional.
- The cultural struggle is for the survival of family values against all manner of atheistic amorality.
- SLA Homosexual.
- I knew he was family when I first met him.
- His family staked him $10,000 to get his business started.
- There are several recursion theorems for large sets, such that a single new halving results in several new infinite families of halvings.
- I feel for him, he's lost two family members in two months.
- Family members had been buried in the vault for centuries.
- Families doing it tough will receive more assistance from the government.
- Family affiliations are indicated for nonpinniped species.
- I know her new husband is a good man and wants to do right by our family.
- The main components of the diterpenic fraction are acids indicating a resin from a plant belonging to the conifer family.
- In Saudi Arabia, one of the most conservative societies, one online rebel has rocked the Islamic establishment with tweeted allegations of corruption within the ruling royal family.
Meaning of family for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en familyish
- en familyism
- en familyist
- en familylike
- en family man