花, 花卉, 开花 花
- 名词 (Noun)PLflowersSUF-er
- A colorful, conspicuous structure associated with angiosperms, frequently scented and attracting various insects, and which may or may not be used for sexual reproduction.
- (botany) A reproductive structure in angiosperms (flowering plants), often conspicuously colourful and typically including sepals, petals, and either or both stamens and/or a pistil.
- A plant that bears flowers, especially a plant that is small and lacks wood.
- We transplanted the flowers to a larger pot.
- (usually with in) Of plants, a state of bearing blooms.
- The dogwoods are in flower this week.
- (euphemistic, hypocoristic) The vulva, especially the labia majora.
- IDI The best examples or representatives of a group.
- We selected the flower of the applicants.
- The best state of things; the prime.
- She was in the flower of her life.
- OBS Flour.
- (in the plural, chemistry) OBS A substance in the form of a powder, especially when condensed from sublimation.
- the flowers of sulphur
- A figure of speech; an ornament of style.
- (printing) Ornamental type used chiefly for borders around pages, cards, etc.
- (in the plural) Menstrual discharges.
- (rare) Something that flows, such as a river.
- 动词 (Verb)SGflowersPRfloweringPT, PPflowered
- VI To put forth blooms.
- This plant flowers in June.
- VI To reach a state of full development or achievement.
- VI To froth; to ferment gently, as new beer.
- VI To come off as flowers by sublimation.
- Unless their flag of a flower is waving, finding such plants is like finding a needle in a needlestack.
- In addition, in both species the flowers are bilaterally symmetric with the two sepals spathaceously fused in the adaxial position, opposite the floral bract [ …]
- Smaller flowers such as chionodoxa are better under shrubs where they can create great pools of blue.
- Flowers destitute of ray; leaves pinnatised, toothed, half-embracing the stem.
- We had to rototill the garden before we planted the flowers.
- Xeranthemums have silvery flower heads with purplish tubular flowers.
- Walking in the meadow he is coming across a rare flower.
Meaning of flower for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en flowers
- en flowering
- en flowery
- en floweret
- en flowered