formally 中文 EN
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore formallySUPmost formallyPREfor-SUF-ly
- In a formal manner.
- He dressed quite formally - too formally for the occasion.
- In accordance with official procedure.
- He formally filed a complaint, which involved much paperwork.
- In accordance with rigorous rules.
- He proved it formally but gave his students no intuitive feel for the matter.
- The -en suffix is also used formally to denote any English past participle, even if it does not use the suffix.
- Such a use may be described formally as cook + -en → cooked
- In zoology and bacteriology, subspecies is the only rank below that of species which is formally accepted by the relevant nomenclatural Code.
Meaning of formally for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 2
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en normally
- en formerly
- en morally
- en formality
- en normalcy