- 名词 (Noun)PLformersPREfor-SUF-mer
- Someone who forms something; a maker; a creator or founder.
- Dave was the former of the company.
- An object used to form something, such as a template, gauge, or cutting die.
- The brick arch was built using a wooden former.
- (chiefly Britain, used in combinations) Someone in, or of, a certain form (class).
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- A former president; the former East Germany
- First of aforementioned two items. Used with the, often without a noun.
- The former is a good idea but the latter is not.
- Bruce's daughter, Marjory, and his sister Mary, were likewise to be encaged, the former in the Tower of London, the latter in Roxburghe Castle.
- They turned their arms against their former allies.
- Asturia's former margraviate Castilia became a realm itself, annexed all Asturia in 1037 and turned it into a titular principality as Castilia's (and later Spain's) royal primogeniture in 1388
- A form of these lissoneoids somewhat resemble the trochoidal forms, the latter being more hollow than the former.
Meaning of former for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr former
- en formerly
- en formers
- fr formera
- fr formeras