量器 量, 测量
- 名词 (Noun)PLgauges
- A measure; a standard of measure; an instrument to determine dimensions, distance, or capacity; a standard.
- An act of measuring.
- Any instrument for ascertaining or regulating the level, state, dimensions or forms of things; as, a rain gauge; a steam gauge.
- A thickness of sheet metal or wire designated by any of several numbering schemes.
- (rail transport) The distance between the rails of a railway.
- (mathematics, analysis) A semi-norm; a function that assigns a non-negative size to all vectors in a vector space.
- (knitting) The number of stitches per inch, centimetre, or other unit of distance.
- (nautical) Relative positions of two or more vessels with reference to the wind.
- A vessel has the weather gauge of another when on the windward side of it, and the lee gauge when on the lee side of it.
- (nautical) The depth to which a vessel sinks in the water.
- (plastering) The quantity of plaster of Paris used with common plaster to make it set more quickly.
- That part of a shingle, slate, or tile, which is exposed to the weather, when laid; also, one course of such shingles, slates, or tiles.
- (firearms) A unit of measurement which describes how many spheres of bore diameter of a shotgun can be had from one pound of lead; 12 gauge is roughly equivalent to .75 caliber.
- SLA (by extension) A shotgun (synecdoche for 12 gauge shotgun, the most common chambering for combat and hunting shotguns).
- 1996, “Illusions” (song), in Cypress Hill III: Temples of Boom (album), performed by Cypress Hill: I'm tryin to find ways to cope / But I ain't fuckin' round with the gauge or a rope
- 2000, “Grab The Gauge” (song), in Underground Vol. 3: Kings of Memphis (album), performed by Three 6 Mafia: It happens everyday don't make me grab the gauge / Dangerously I play, I best to kill with the gauge / And put ya body in the back of that grey Chevrolet
- 动词 (Verb)SGgaugesPRgaugingPT, PPgauged
- VT To measure or determine with a gauge; to measure the capacity of.
- VT To estimate.
- VT To appraise the character or ability of; to judge of.
- (textile) VT To draw into equidistant gathers by running a thread through it.
- VT To mix (a quantity of ordinary plaster) with a quantity of plaster of Paris.
- VT To chip, hew or polish (stones, bricks, etc) to a standard size and/or shape.
- PPV was performed transconjunctivally with either a 23 or a 25 gauge instrument and caused no major intraoperative and postoperative complications.
- Motivated by its well defined higher dimensional origin, a detailed study of supergravity with a dyonically gauged gauge group is performed.
- An Ashcroft temperature gauge (range of 0 to 500 °C, with a 1% ASME B40.3, grade A accuracy inserted into a thermowell manufactured from 316L stainless steel) was used to measure the temperature.
- Swatching is important in knitting to obtain the correct gauge.
Meaning of gauge for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 3
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en gauger
- en gauged
- en gauges
- en gaugest
- en gaugeth