innings 中文 EN
- 名词 (Noun)
- (cricket) One side's or individual's turn to bat (from when the first player begins to bat, until the last player is out,) or the runs scored during those timeframes.
- (Britain) The time during which any party is in possession of power; a turn of any kind.
- (Britain, euphemistic) lifespan.
- plural of inning.
- The Mets’ lineup, which has not produced a multirun inning since a Game 3 blowout in the Dodgers’ series, will bring their slingshots and go for another knockout.
- Captain Simon Katich (35 off 26) swiped three legside sixes to keep the scoreboard ticking along until he was dismissed right at the halfway point of the innings to leave NSW at 5-67.
- The pitcher now has two walks in this inning alone
- By grounding to the shortstop, the twin killing ended the inning.
- The Blue Jays lead the game going into the ninth inning.
- The Braves retaliated by plunking Harper in the next inning.
Meaning of innings for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 5
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en winnings
- en inning
- en inkings
- en tinnings
- en pinnings