instead 中文 EN[ɪn.ˈstɛd] US
代替, 顶替, 反而
- 副词 (Adverb)
- In the place of something (usually mentioned earlier); as a substitute or alternative.
- I was going to go shopping, but I went dancing instead.
- But none of those is true for Mr. de Rothschild, who belongs instead to a multihyphened class of overachievers: eco-adventurer and green-evangelist.
- He remapped the variable in the code to hold the value directly, instead of a pointer to the value.
- I always wanted to be a guitar man on a road tour, but instead I’m a flag man on a road crew.
- Instead of having a nice modular eggcrate, we now want to build an immodular eggcrate. Deliberately we want to impose upon future teachers, not the nice simple eggcrate, but a more complicated one.
- Instead of allowing the juice after the incision to inspissate on the capsule, he collected it immediately, and dried it by artificial heat.
- Instead of injecting conservative outlooks into academia, scholars should target the overpoliticization of their work.
- He got halfway out the door, thought better of it, and decided to stay home, instead.
- Upon arrival at the campsite, they discovered that they had forgotten the tent pegs and had to use rocks and logs to tether the tent instead.
- After the biting, bigoted comments she made about homosexuals, I wanted to scream at her, but I bit my tongue instead.
Meaning of instead for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en insteada
- en instead of