instead of 中文 EN
- 介系词 (Preposition)
- In lieu of; in place of; rather than.
- He walked to school instead of taking the car.
- The process practices autarchy, exclusivism or single-handedness instead of a radical universalism, based on democracy and equality that can be achieved through a united struggle.
- The pumps now draw water from this tank, instead of from the "Croton main" as formerly.
- In sheet mills the custom of two rollers working level-handed (dividing the pay evenly), instead of one roller working with a helper, has been increasing in recent years.
- Instead of allowing the juice after the incision to inspissate on the capsule, he collected it immediately, and dried it by artificial heat.
- Instead of saying "sit down", she said "place your seat on this chair".
- Instead of injecting conservative outlooks into academia, scholars should target the overpoliticization of their work.
Meaning of instead of for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
明确性: 级别 3
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en steady on
- en astern of
- en in aid of
- en instanton
- en dusted off