- 名词 (Noun)PLlarges
- (music) OBS An old musical note, equal to two longas, four breves, or eight semibreves.
- OBS Liberality, generosity.
- SLA (plural: large) A thousand dollars/pounds.
- Getting a car tricked out like that will cost you 50 large.
- A large serving of something.
- One small coffee and two larges, please.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMlargerSUPlargest
- Of considerable or relatively great size or extent.
- We drove back to the office with some concern on my part at the prospect of so large a case. Sunning himself on the board steps, I saw for the first time Mr. Farquhar Fenelon Cooke.
- OBS Abundant; ample.
- (archaic) Full in statement; diffuse; profuse.
- OBS Free; unencumbered.
- OBS Unrestrained by decorum; said of language.
- (nautical) Crossing the line of a ship's course in a favorable direction; said of the wind when it is abeam, or between the beam and the quarter.
- That will mean that high street banks will no longer be as profitable, and it would pave the way for remutualisation of a large chunk of the banking sector.
- Dinghies are designed to be sailed single-handedly or double-handedly, but some larger cruising dinghies may have room for four or more people on board.
- The type I wall contains a large amount of pectic polymers, such as rhamnogalacturonans and arabinogalactans, and xyloglucans.
- Large swathes will be affected by the tax increase.
- Large and square-headed, fatuously complacent, pot-bellied, spade-handed and dumpy-footed, for all the world presenting the appearance of animated jelly.
- Large office blocks and shopping streets are being put up with not even an awning to protect the head of the shop-goer from the sweltering Persian sun.
- The city has five city council districts; however, the mayor is elected at large.
Meaning of large for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr large
- en larger
- en largely
- en largest
- en largeness