- 名词 (Noun)PLmastsPREmast-
- A tall, slim post or tower, usually tapering upward, used to support, for example, the sails on a ship, flags, floodlights, or communications equipment such as an aerial, usually supported by guy-wires.
- (naval) A non-judicial punishment ("NJP") disciplinary hearing under which a commanding officer studies and disposes of cases involving those under his command.
- The fruit of forest-trees (beech, oak, chestnut, pecan, etc.), especially if having fallen from the tree, used as fodder for pigs and other animals.
- 动词 (Verb)SGmastsPRmastingPT, PPmasted
- To supply and fit a mast to a ship.
- (of swine and other animals) To feed on forest seed or fruit.
- (agriculture, forestry, ecology, of a population of plants) To vary fruit and seed production in multi-year cycles.
- Any individual tree which masted in a generally non-mast year would be subjected to the exclusive attention of the seed predators and so would be selected against.
- The immunohistopathologic features of asthma include epithelial injury and the infiltration of inflammatory cells, generally the eosinophils, mast cells, and lymphocytes into the lung.
- Some climbed the masts to unrig her, others rushed into the hold to get out the cargo, and numbers hurried to the cabin to carry off the lighter articles which it contained.
- Masts of sailing-ships, and spars, cluster on the left, on the undarkening sky.
Meaning of mast for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 2
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en master
- fr master
- en masters
- fr masters
- en mastery