比赛, 对手, (一根)火柴 与…匹配 火柴
- 名词 (Noun)PLmatches
- (sports) A competitive sporting event such as a boxing meet, a baseball game, or a cricket match.
- My local team are playing in a match against their arch-rivals today.
- Any contest or trial of strength or skill, or to determine superiority.
- Someone with a measure of an attribute equaling or exceeding the object of comparison.
- He knew he had met his match.
- A marriage.
- A candidate for matrimony; one to be gained in marriage.
- Equivalence; a state of correspondence.
- Equality of conditions in contest or competition.
- A pair of items or entities with mutually suitable characteristics.
- The carpet and curtains are a match.
- An agreement or compact.
- (metalworking) A perforated board, block of plaster, hardened sand, etc., in which a pattern is partly embedded when a mould is made, for giving shape to the surfaces of separation between the parts of the mould.
- A device made of wood or paper, at the tip coated with chemicals that ignite with the friction of being dragged (struck) against a rough dry surface.
- He struck a match and lit his cigarette.
- 动词 (Verb)SGmatchesPRmatchingPT, PPmatched
- VI To agree, to be equal, to correspond to.
- Their interests didn't match, so it took a long time to agree what to do together.
- These two copies are supposed to be identical, but they don't match.
- VT To agree, to be equal, to correspond to.
- His interests didn't match her interests.
- VT To make a successful match or pairing.
- They found out about his color-blindness when he couldn't match socks properly.
- VT To equal or exceed in achievement.
- She matched him at every turn: anything he could do, she could do as well or better.
- OBS To unite in marriage, to mate.
- To fit together, or make suitable for fitting together; specifically, to furnish with a tongue and groove at the edges.
- to match boards
- The reason we lost the match is due to the goalkeeper stuffing up
- He watches a kendo — stickfighting — match between another ronin and an amateur.
- The match of two finite line segments in 2 dimensions requires 2 translations, 1 rotation, 1 scale transformation; the order is here important, and these operators cannot commutate.
- It's a good idea for boxers size up their opponents before their matches.
- For the radio audience he commentates on the match.
- Even the rain couldn't take away from the excitement of the match.
Meaning of match for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr match
- en matches
- fr matches
- en matched
- en matchlock