- 动词 (Verb)BFnameSGnamesPRnaming
- simple past tense and past participle of name.
- 形容词 (Adjective)BFname
- Having a name.
- ... portrait of a gentleman bent on reforming the world — a Utopographer, the author calls him —by name Mr. Sempack.
- Mount McKinley was known to Russians as Bulshaia and to the natives of Cook Inlet as Traleyka. Both names signify 'high' or 'big mountain.' The natives of the interior know it as Denali.
- This café likes to Frenchify the names of its dishes to make them sound better than they actually are — they call their fish and chips "poisson-frites".
- Names of this sort, theophorous or basilophorous, were regularly given to foreigners residing in Egypt from the New Kingdom onwards, if not earlier; even Joseph was no exception.
- Soapberries are rich enough in saponin to be used as soap substitute, hence their name.
- As soon as I straighten out which of the twins is which, I'll start calling them by their names.
- Conceived in that journey, I was born in space. A child so birthed in desolations, homeless between yestermorrow and noon's midnight must have a proper name.
Meaning of named for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 1
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en namedrop
- en namedrops
- en namedness
- en named pipe
- en named pipes