- 名词 (Noun)PLnears
- The left side of a horse or of a team of horses pulling a carriage etc.
- 动词 (Verb)SGnearsPRnearingPT, PPneared
- To come closer to; to approach.
- The ship nears the land.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMnearerSUPnearest
- Physically close.
- Closely connected or related.
- Close to one's interests, affection, etc.; intimate; dear.
- a near friend
- Close to anything followed or imitated; not free, loose, or rambling.
- a version near to the original
- So as barely to avoid or pass injury or loss; close; narrow.
- a near escape
- (of an event) Approaching.
- The end is near.
- Approximate, almost.
- The two words are near synonyms.
- (dated) Next to the driver, when he is on foot; (US) on the left of an animal or a team.
- the near ox; the near leg
- OBS Immediate; direct; close; short.
- OBS SLA Stingy; parsimonious.
- 副词 (Adverb)COMnearerSUPnearest
- Having a small intervening distance with regard to something.
- I'm near-sighted.
- COL nearly.
- 介系词 (Preposition)
- Close to, in close proximity to.
- There are habitable planets orbiting many of the stars near our Sun.
- Close to in time.
- The voyage was near completion.
- “She will hopefully be restationed somewhere near Virginia by next year,” Lieutenant McLean said.
- Other tyrosine kinase inhibitors are evaluated as well, of which the Syk inhibitors, fostamatinib and entospletinib, might be of particular interest in the near future.
- Van Persie skied a penalty, conceded by Gary Caldwell who was sent off, and also hit the post before scoring his third with a shot at the near post.
- The sheep skedaddled as soon as the shepherd’s dog came near.
Meaning of near for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en nearly
- en nearer
- en nearest
- en nearby
- en nears