noun 中文 EN[naʊn] US-Inland North
- 名词 (Noun)PLnouns
- (grammar, narrow sense) A word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality, or idea; one of the basic parts of speech in many languages, including English.
- (grammar, now rare, broad sense) Either a word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality or idea, or a word that modifies or describes a previous word or its referent.
- 动词 (Verb)SGnounsPRnouningPT, PPnouned
- VT To convert a word to a noun.
- A noun phrase is overspecified when it is used in a context where a pronoun would have been unambiguous.
- His repeated wagerings of his allowances led him to ruin. ( gerundial noun )
- In English, the third person consists of pronouns such as he, she, it, and they, verbs such as is and has, and most nouns.
Meaning of noun for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 3
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en nouns
- en nounal
- en nouny
- fr nounou
- en nouned