- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore oftenCOMoftenerSUPmost oftenSUPoftenest
- Frequently, many times.
- According to this saga of intellectual-property misanthropy, these creatures [patent trolls] roam the business world, buying up patents and then using them to demand extravagant payouts from companies they accuse of infringing them. Often, their victims pay up rather than face the costs of a legal battle.
- Parents of younger children often become upset when they are told that they cannot sit in on the psychological assessment.
- A later generation of bebop pianists would often be accused of one-handedness; their right hands flew along with melodies and improvisations, while their "weak" left hands just plonked chords.
- Note: Often used locally without the first part of the name e.g. for Manchester United
- Often found in the phrase You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
- Often used with the studio is the egg-crate, which minimizes side spill and does make the beam a bit more controllable.
- At higher altitudes you need to breathe your horse more often.
- Her mother laid it on thick, telling her to call home more often.
Meaning of often for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en oftentimes
- en oftener
- en oftenly
- en oftenest
- en oftenness