- 名词 (Noun)SUF-old
- People who are old; old beings; the older generation; usually used with the.
- A civilised society should always look after the old in the community.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMolderCOMelderSUPoldestSUPeldest
- Of an object, concept, relationship, etc., having existed for a relatively long period of time.
- an old abandoned building; an old friend
- a wrinkled old man
- an old loaf of bread
- Of an item that has been used and so is not new (unused).
- I find that an old toothbrush is good to clean the keyboard with.
- Having existed or lived for the specified time.
- How old are they? She’s five years old and he's seven. We also have a young teen and a two-year-old child.
- My great-grandfather lived to be a hundred and one years old.
- (heading) Of an earlier time.
- My new car is not as good as my old one. a school reunion for Old Etonians
- The footpath follows the route of an old railway line.
- That is the old way of doing things; now we do it this way.
- When he got drunk and quarrelsome they just gave him the old heave-ho.
- Your constant pestering is getting old.
- Said of subdued colors, particularly reds, pinks and oranges, as if they had faded over time.
- A grammatical intensifier, often used in describing something positive. (Mostly in idioms like good old, big old and little old, any old and some old.).
- We're having a good old time. My next car will be a big old SUV. My wife makes the best little old apple pie in Texas.
- OBS Excessive, abundant.
- They agreed that their old disputes were water under the bridge and decided to make a fresh start.
- The Old Testament says that eating shellfish is a sin.
- With United's movement flummoxing the visitors, Berbatov saw his low shot saved well by Ben Foster on his first return to Old Trafford.
- Old couples sometimes will play tapes at each other during a fight.
- Old Buggy and Winter Birds shows a buggy parked in front of a drive shed, while cardinals, juncos, and song sparrows feed on grain strewn over the ground.
- In addition, 85.6% of candiduric patients have [sic] less than 6 months years old.
- Most kids age out of that by the time they're ten or eleven years old.
- She went from the arms of the football captain to the dry-handed grasp of Mr. Depopolus, who'd retired from the faculty when she was twelve years old.
Meaning of old for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en older
- en oldest
- en old-fashioned
- en olden
- en old-time