party 中文 EN[ˈpɑː.ti] US Canada
聚会, 派对, 党派 派對
- 名词 (Noun)PLpartiesPREpar-
- (law) A person or group of people constituting a particular side in a contract or legal action.
- The contract requires that the party of the first part pay the fee.
- (heading) A person.
- He is a queer party.
- I can't possibly be a party to that kind of reckless behaviour.
- (now rare in general sense) A group of people forming one side in a given dispute, contest etc.
- A political group considered as a formal whole, united under one specific political platform of issues and campaigning to take part in government.
- The green party took 12% of the vote.
- (military) A discrete detachment of troops, especially for a particular purpose.
- The settlers were attacked early next morning by a scouting party.
- (heading) A social gathering.
- I'm throwing a huge party for my 21st birthday.
- We're expecting a large party from the London office.
- Tupperware party; lingerie party
- (heading, gaming) Participants.
- OBS A part or division.
- 动词 (Verb)SGpartiesPRpartyingPT, PPpartied
- VI To celebrate at a party, to have fun, to enjoy oneself.
- We partied until the early hours.
- VI SLA (euphemistic) To take recreational drugs.
- VI To engage in flings, to have one-night stands, to sow one's wild oats.
- (gaming, online gaming) VI To form a party (with).
- If you want to beat that monster, you should party with a healer.
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- OBS (except in compounds) Divided; in part.
- (heraldry) Parted or divided, as in the direction or form of one of the ordinaries.
- an escutcheon party per pale
- 副词 (Adverb)
- OBS Partly.
- The party kicked off when the third bottle of wine was opened.
- They went all out for his eightieth birthday party and chartered a tour boat on the bay.
- They gave thanks for whatever they deemed worth being thankful for and proceeded to party hardy.
- Party members are adjured to promote awareness of this problem.
- Parties subscribe a covenant or contract; a man subscribes a bond.
- Party chief Low Thia Khiang said that, while they support the name change to honour Encik Yusof, "we cannot square with the change(s) that are being 'tompang' (piggybacked) with the name change."
- Whenever I meet Meng Seng, he is always trying to sell me his koyok and recruit me into his Party.
- Splinter groups in the centre Left or centre Right are often a shot in the arm for the Far Right or the Communist Party.
- Someone really needs to go put the kibosh on that noisy party.
Meaning of party for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr party
- fr partys
- en partyer
- en party to
- en partying