person 中文 EN[ˈpɹsn̩] US UK
- 6世紀時候的意大利哲學家波伊提烏則為個人做出如此的定義：個人是一個有理性的單獨個體（Naturæ rationalis individua substantia）。
- 名词 (Noun)PLpersonsPLpeoplePREPerso-SUF-person
- An individual; usually a human being.
- his first appearance upon the stage in his new person of a sycophant or juggler
- three persons and one God
- Jack's always been a dog person, but I prefer cats.
- The physical body of a being seen as distinct from the mind, character, etc.
- (law) Any individual or formal organization with standing before the courts.
- At common law a corporation or a trust is legally a person.
- (law) The human genitalia; specifically, the penis.
- (grammar) A linguistic category used to distinguish between the speaker of an utterance and those to whom or about whom he is speaking. See grammatical person.
- (biology) A shoot or bud of a plant; a polyp or zooid of the compound Hydrozoa, Anthozoa, etc.; also, an individual, in the narrowest sense, among the higher animals.
- 动词 (Verb)SGpersonsPRpersoningPT, PPpersoned
- OBS VT To represent as a person; to personify; to impersonate.
- VT (gender-neutral) To man.
- It really grinds my gears when inconsiderate people litter.
- He has his finger on the pulse of his company, and thinks he needs to hire a few more people in sales and get rid of a few from research and development.
- And now thousands of funny people with brightly coloured outdoor clothing and maps in plastic mapholders follow in their footsteps, ticking them off.
- People requiring assistance or extra time will be preboarded.
- People who do not speak a second language find that they lose out when looking for a job.
- People who've zorbed in New Zealand, say Swiss mountains are too steep to allow the leisurely roll-out that's the real thrill.
- But theres almost as many different sorts of marriages as theres different sorts of people.
- Death by drawing and quartering usually dismembered the condemned person.
- They deprecated the attempt to deny aid to homeless people.
Meaning of person for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en persons
- en personal
- en personally
- en personality
- en personage