- 名词 (Noun)PLplacesSUF-ace
- (physical) An area; somewhere within an area.
- Here is the place appointed.
- Ay, sir, the other squirrel was stolen from me by the hangman's boys in the market-place [ …]
- They live in Westminster Place.
- He is going back to his native place on vacation.
- We asked the restaurant to give us a table with three places.
- Do you want to come over to my place later?
- A frame of mind.
- I'm in a strange place at the moment.
- (social) A position, a responsibility.
- It is really not my place to say what is right and wrong in this case.
- We thought we would win but only ended up in fourth place.
- to win a bet on a horse for place
- He lost his place in the national team.
- Numerically, the column counting a certain quantity.
- three decimal places; the hundreds place
- Ordinal relation; position in the order of proceeding.
- That's what I said in the first place!
- Reception; effect; implying the making room for.
- 动词 (Verb)SGplacesPRplacingPT, PPplaced
- VT To put (an object or person) in a specific location.
- Meanwhile Nanny Broome was recovering from her initial panic and seemed anxious to make up for any kudos she might have lost, by exerting her personality to the utmost. She took the policeman's helmet and placed it on a chair, and unfolded his tunic to shake it and fold it up again for him.
- VI To earn a given spot in a competition.
- The Cowboys placed third in the league.
- VT To remember where and when (an object or person) has been previously encountered.
- I've seen him before, but I can't quite place where.
- VT (in the passive) To achieve (a certain position, often followed by an ordinal) as in a horse race.
- Run Ragged was placed fourth in the race.
- VT To sing (a note) with the correct pitch.
- VT To arrange for or to make (a bet).
- I placed ten dollars on the Lakers beating the Bulls.
- VT To recruit or match an appropriate person for a job.
- They phoned hoping to place her in the management team.
- (sports) VT To place-kick (a goal).
- At least one multiperforated inflow catheter is placed through a 10–12 mm port in Douglas pouch with at least one multiperforated outflow catheter in the right subphrenic space.
- Find a safe place where you can heal up before returning to the scene of combat.
- Roughly, the rule goes: if you have just swum, are planning to swim soon or are reasonably proximate to a place where others are swimming, then your budgie smugglers are perfectly acceptable.
- Placing his hand on the doorknob he could hear his father's indignant voice: "If he's no job he can damn well sling his hook, he's not living under my roof free gratis, I want him out."
- Place the plaque of conical molds, pointed side down, onto clean, empty, cardboard egg crates to support the molds so that they stand perfectly vertical.
- Place the napkin on the table just so. If that's what you mean, then say so; (or do so).
- I am really at loose ends about this choice, I am between the proverbial rock and hard place.
- The laminate adhesive has very aggressive tack and is hard to move once in place.
- Exactly the same procedure can be followed for each-way bets; however, you may not receive the quarter of the win-odds for a place.
Meaning of place for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr place
- en placed
- en places
- fr places
- en placenta