奖, 奖金, 奖赏 獎項
- 名词 (Noun)PLprizesSUF-ize
- That which is taken from another; something captured; a thing seized by force, stratagem, or superior power.
- (military, nautical) Anything captured by a belligerent using the rights of war; especially, property captured at sea in virtue of the rights of war, as a vessel.
- An honour or reward striven for in a competitive contest; anything offered to be competed for, or as an inducement to, or reward of, effort.
- That which may be won by chance, as in a lottery.
- Anything worth striving for; a valuable possession held or in prospect.
- A contest for a reward; competition.
- A lever; a pry; also, the hold of a lever. Also spelled prise.
- 动词 (Verb)SGprizesPRprizingPT, PPprized
- To consider highly valuable; to esteem.
- OBS To set or estimate the value of; to appraise; to price; to rate.
- To move with a lever; to force up or open; to prise or pry.
- OBS To compete in a prizefight.
- Enzymes from aquatic fungi show distinct physiological characteristics, such as high salt tolerance or barophilicity, which are highly prized in industrial applications [42 ].
- The prize fighter quickly flattened his challenger.
- She thrust her yamstick into the hard ground to reach the prized tuber.
- John has just notched up another "salesman of the month" prize.
- The first successful solver of the puzzle will win a prize.
Meaning of prize for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en prizefighter
- en prizer
- en prized
- en prizes
- en prizest