properly 中文 EN[ˈpɹɑ.pɚ.li] US
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore properlySUPmost properlyPREprop-SUF-ly
- in a proper manner.
- Hospitals are failing to care properly for the growing number of people with dementia, according to an NHS-funded report, which has prompted demands for big improvements to help patients.
- OBS individually; in one's own manner.
- Now herkenyth how I bar me properly. — Chaucer.
- The platform grain shield and the windboard at rear of the binder deck will assist in making better bundles and prevent scattering of grain, if properly adjusted for long or short straw.
- Maybe the tire could emit the scent whenever it is underinflated — after all, a car with properly inflated tires gets the best gasoline mileage.
- A training device for tactually indicating to a player whether the player's hand has properly gripped the handle of a racket for forehanded play and for backhanded play
- It is difficult to string a tennis racket properly.
- Perhaps the wood had warped too much during the monsoon, I thought, and the lid of the old box-bed did not fit properly.
- I had to back out the changes made to the computer when it became apparent that they had stopped it working properly.
Meaning of properly for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 4
明确的 ➨ 多用途
形似词 (Look-Alike Words)
- en property
- en pronely
- en propers
- en propels
- en proprely