quarter 中文 EN[ˈkwɔːtə] US
四分之一, 一刻钟 夸特
- 名词 (Noun)PLquartersPREquarter-SUF-ter
- Any fourth of something, particularly.
- One of these is 1 Hen. V, cap. 10, defining the quarter of corn [i.e., grain] to be eight struck bushels, and putting fines on purveyors who take more.
- And aboute the fourth quartre of the nyght, he cam unto them, walkinge apon the see [...].
- Any substantial fraction of something less than half, particularly.
- Tietjens said: ‘Send the Canadian sergeant-major to me at the double….’ to the quarter.
- In quarter, and in terms like bride and groom.
- ...at last she kicked right over the carriage pole and fell down, after giving me a severe blow on my near quarter.
- 动词 (Verb)SGquartersPRquarteringPT, PPquartered
- VT To divide into quarters.
- VT To provide housing for military personnel or other equipment.
- Quarter the horses in the third stable.
- VI To lodge; to have a temporary residence.
- VT To quartersaw.
- OBS To drive a carriage so as to prevent the wheels from going into the ruts, or so that a rut shall be between the wheels.
- Every creature that met us would rely on us for quartering — De Quincey.
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- Pertaining to an aspect of a quarter.
- (chiefly) Consisting of a fourth part, a quarter (1/4, 25%).
- (chiefly) Related to a three-month term, a quarter of a year.
- Exactly the same procedure can be followed for each-way bets; however, you may not receive the quarter of the win-odds for a place.
- And when skipper Richie McCaw hoisted the Webb Ellis Trophy high into the night, a quarter of a century of hurt was blown away in an explosion of fireworks and cheering.
- Wal-Mart Canada opened seven new supercentres during the quarter and converted 10 discount stores into the new format.
- Could you give me some color with regards to which products made up the mix of revenue for this quarter?
- The 5G development project will ramp up in the first quarter.
- We'll be sunsetting version 1.9 of the software shortly after releasing version 2.0 next quarter.
Meaning of quarter for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr quarter
- en quarters
- fr quarters
- en quartermaster
- en quarterly