region 中文 EN[ˈɹiːdʒn̩] US
地区, 地带, 领域 地区
- 名词 (Noun)PLregionsPREré-SUF-ion
- Any considerable and connected part of a space or surface; specifically, a tract of land or sea of considerable but indefinite extent; a country; a district; in a broad sense, a place without special reference to location or extent but viewed as an entity for geographical, social or cultural reasons.
- the equatorial regions
- the temperate regions
- the polar regions
- the upper regions of the atmosphere
- An administrative subdivision of a city, a territory, a country or the European Union.
- (historical) Such a division of the city of Rome and of the territory about Rome, of which the number varied at different times; a district, quarter, or ward.
- (figuratively) The inhabitants of a region or district of a country.
- (anatomy) A place in or a part of the body in any way indicated.
- the abdominal regions
- OBS Place; rank; station; dignity.
- OBS The space from the earth's surface out to the orbit of the moon: properly called the elemental region.
- It was, in fact, the starchy stems that in some cases led to depletion of wild zamias in some regions of Florida.
- The volume and mean cross-sectional area of nasopharynx, velopharynx and glossopharynx region showed significant difference.
- The interdenticle grooves of the serrated carinae are quite shallow and slightly curve ventrally towards the central region of crown [ …]
- The government has called for an end to hostilities in the region.
- The severity of PPF reflects host immunogenic response and degree of infection, which amplify splenic volume and consequently increase hyperflux in the spleno-portal region.
- This slumped sitting posture may cause strain, instability, or injury in the lumbopelvic region.
Meaning of region for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en regions
- en regional
- en regionalism
- en regionals
- en regionist