region 中文 EN[ˈɹiːdʒn̩] US
地区, 地带, 领域 地区
- 名词 (Noun)PLregionsPREré-SUF-ion
- Any considerable and connected part of a space or surface; specifically, a tract of land or sea of considerable but indefinite extent; a country; a district; in a broad sense, a place without special reference to location or extent but viewed as an entity for geographical, social or cultural reasons.
- the equatorial regions
- the temperate regions
- the polar regions
- the upper regions of the atmosphere
- An administrative subdivision of a city, a territory, a country or the European Union.
- (historical) Such a division of the city of Rome and of the territory about Rome, of which the number varied at different times; a district, quarter, or ward.
- (figuratively) The inhabitants of a region or district of a country.
- (anatomy) A place in or a part of the body in any way indicated.
- the abdominal regions
- OBS Place; rank; station; dignity.
- OBS The space from the earth's surface out to the orbit of the moon: properly called the elemental region.
- Relative decreases were seen primarily in orbital and frontal regions, most notably in the pregenual region of the anterior cingulate cortex (pgACC) ( Fig 1 , Table 1 ).
- Because the topography and development of the land changed so much in the floods, the region had to be remapped.
- In the RPE-choroid there was evidence of wound response in both macular and extramacular regions, whereas in the retina the region of response was limited to the macula, as is the primary visual loss.
- The article offered a snapshot of life in that region.
- The government has called for an end to hostilities in the region.
- The severity of PPF reflects host immunogenic response and degree of infection, which amplify splenic volume and consequently increase hyperflux in the spleno-portal region.
Meaning of region for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en regions
- en regional
- en regionalism
- en regionist
- en regionals