- 形容词 (Adjective)COMsevererCOMmore severeSUPseverestSUPmost severeSUF-ère
- Very bad or intense.
- Phoenix and Lubbock are both caught in severe drought, and it is going to get much worse. We may see many such [dust] storms in the decades ahead, along with species extinctions, radical disturbance of ecosystems, and intensified social conflict over land and water. Welcome to the Anthropocene, the epoch when humans have become a major geological and climatic force.
- Strict or harsh.
- Sober, plain in appearance, austere.
- a took limited free market-oriented measures to alleviate severe shortages of food, consumer goods, and services to make up for the ending of Soviet subsidies.
- T-2 toxin ingestion results in a severe irritation of the upper digestive tract, including a hemorrhagic ruminitis, due to its cytotoxic effects.
- However, a novel form of cutaneous anthrax, termed injectional anthrax, that is characterized by severe soft tissue infection has been recently described in heroin users.
Meaning of severe for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en severed
- en severer
- en severely
- en severest
- en severeth