- 形容词 (Adjective)COMsevererCOMmore severeSUPseverestSUPmost severeSUF-ère
- Very bad or intense.
- Phoenix and Lubbock are both caught in severe drought, and it is going to get much worse. We may see many such [dust] storms in the decades ahead, along with species extinctions, radical disturbance of ecosystems, and intensified social conflict over land and water. Welcome to the Anthropocene, the epoch when humans have become a major geological and climatic force.
- Strict or harsh.
- Sober, plain in appearance, austere.
- However, a novel form of cutaneous anthrax, termed injectional anthrax, that is characterized by severe soft tissue infection has been recently described in heroin users.
- Study showed that severe hemolytic anemia after childbirth was due to isoimmunization caused by an irregular antibody.
- Thus, the injection of LPS caused severe hypotension, tachycardia, hypoglycemia, vascular hyporeactivity, multiple organ dysfunction syndrome, and high mortality at the end of the experiment.
Meaning of severe for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en severed
- en severer
- en severest
- en severeth
- en severely