simple 中文 EN[ˈsɪmpəl] US UK
- 名词 (Noun)PLsimples
- (medicine) A preparation made from one plant, as opposed to something made from more than one plant.
- OBS A term for a physician, derived from the medicinal term above.
- (logic) A simple or atomic proposition.
- OBS Something not mixed or compounded.
- (weaving) A drawloom.
- (weaving) Part of the apparatus for raising the heddles of a drawloom.
- (Roman Catholic) A feast which is not a double or a semidouble.
- 动词 (Verb)SGsimplesPRsimplingPT, PPsimpled
- VT VI (archaic) To gather simples, ie, medicinal herbs.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMsimplerSUPsimplest
- Uncomplicated; taken by itself, with nothing added.
- Without ornamentation; plain.
- Free from duplicity; guileless, innocent, straightforward.
- Undistinguished in social condition; of no special rank.
- (now rare) Trivial; insignificant.
- (now colloquial) Feeble-minded; foolish.
- (heading, technical) Structurally uncomplicated.
- a simple ascidian
- OBS Mere; not other than; being only.
- In contrast, HIV target cells and cell-associated gp340 frequently, but not always, co-localized periluminally in simple columnar epithelia of the colon/rectum and endocervix (C, D) .
- This could have been avoided by the simple process of suspending egg crating made of timber or some other solid material painted black with the light fittings above it.
- I can sightread really simple music, but hard pieces need a lot of practice so I don't have to stop and figure out what I'm doing.
- After summarisation, these documents seem much simpler.
- I'm sorry but I can't spell it out for you, because the whole issue is not that simple.
Meaning of simple for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr simple
- en simpler
- en simpleton
- en simplex
- en simpled