- 名词 (Noun)PLsizesSUF-ize
- (obsolete outside dialects) An assize.
- OBS A regulation determining the amount of money paid in fees, taxes etc.
- OBS A fixed standard for the magnitude, quality, quantity etc. of goods, especially food and drink.
- The dimensions or magnitude of a thing; how big something is.
- [The researchers] noticed many of their pieces of [plastic marine] debris sported surface pits around two microns across. Such pits are about the size of a bacterial cell. Closer examination showed that some of these pits did, indeed, contain bacteria, […].
- OBS A regulation, piece of ordinance.
- A specific set of dimensions for a manufactured article, especially clothing.
- I don't think we have the red one in your size.
- (graph theory) A number of edges in a graph.
- (figuratively, dated) Degree of rank, ability, character, etc.
- An instrument consisting of a number of perforated gauges fastened together at one end by a rivet, used for measuring the size of pearls.
- A thin, weak glue used as primer for paper or canvas intended to be painted upon.
- Wallpaper paste.
- The thickened crust on coagulated blood.
- Any viscous substance, such as gilder's varnish.
- 动词 (Verb)SGsizesPRsizingPT, PPsized
- VT To adjust the size of; to make a certain size.
- VT To classify or arrange by size.
- VT COL To approximate the dimensions, estimate the size of.
- VI To take a greater size; to increase in size.
- (Britain, Cambridge University) OBS To order food or drink from the buttery; hence, to enter a score, as upon the buttery book.
- VT OBS To swell; to increase the bulk of.
- VT To apply glue or other primer to a surface which is to be painted.
- If you equip your search engine with a stop list containing a few common words such as "a", "the", and "and", you can decrease the full-text index size by about 20%.
- Highly myopic megalodiscs as compared to normal sized discs or small discs had a 3.2 times higher risk for glaucomatous optic nerve neuropathy.
- My team has always punched above our small size and stature.
- Sizing the acetabulum on an orthogonal lateral view of the acetabulum will provide additional insight on sizing, particularly in the nonhemispheric acetabulae.
- This dress fits like a glove! How did you know my size?
- You may only carry on items that are smaller than a certain size.
- This applies especially to the massive, hyperossified skull in which the maxilla is sutured posteriorly with the quadratojugal-quadrate, and the supratemporal opening is much reduced in size.
Meaning of size for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en sized
- en sizeable
- en sizer
- en sizes
- en sizey