- 名词 (Noun)PLsocialsSUF-ial
- A festive gathering to foster introductions.
- They organized a social at the dance club to get people to know each other.
- (Canadian Prairies) A dance held to raise money for a couple to be married.
- (Britain) COL (With definite article) Abbreviation of social security, referring to the UK state welfare system, or of related terms such as Social Security Office or Social Security Benefit.
- Fred hated going down to the social to sign on.
- (US) COL Abbreviation of social security number.
- What's your social?
- (dated, Ireland) A dinner dance event, usually held annually by a company or sporting club.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore socialSUPmost social
- Being extroverted or outgoing.
- James is a very social guy; he knows lots of people.
- Of or relating to society.
- Phoenix and Lubbock are both caught in severe drought, and it is going to get much worse. We may see many such [dust] storms in the decades ahead, along with species extinctions, radical disturbance of ecosystems, and intensified social conflict over land and water. Welcome to the Anthropocene, the epoch when humans have become a major geological and climatic force.
- (Internet) Relating to social media or social networks.
- social gaming
- (rare) Relating to a nation's allies (compare the Social War).
- (botany, zoology) Cooperating or growing in groups.
- a social insect
- Use of the cuckservative hashtag peaked toward the end of last month, when it was used more than 5,000 times in one day, according to data from Topsy, a social media analytics tool .
- We also utilize SNA to characterize the agonistic (fighting and chasing) as well as other social (sniffing and allogrooming) behavioral interactions of mice.
- At first glance, these findings foster the generalizability of the results such that no matter how social class was assessed, increases in social class apparently enhanced unethicality.
- Social psychology is a subdiscipline of psychology.
- Social studies gives you an excuse to stick your nose into a broad range of subjects.
- Social mobility is often closely bound up with socio-economic status.
Meaning of social for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr social
- en socialism
- en socialist
- en socialize
- en socialise