- 名词 (Noun)PLstags
- An adult male deer.
- A colt, or filly.
- (by extension) OBS A romping girl.
- An improperly or late castrated bull or ram – called also a bull seg. See the Note under ox.
- An outside irregular dealer in stocks, who is not a member of the exchange.
- One who applies for the allotment of shares in new projects, with a view to sell immediately at a premium, and not to hold the stock.
- The European wren, Troglodyles troglodytes.
- (usually attributive) An unmarried male, a bachelor; a male not accompanying a female at a social event.
- A social event for males held in honor of a groom on the eve of his wedding, attended by male friends of the groom, sometimes a fund-raiser.
- The stag will be held in the hotel's ballroom
- A stag beetle.
- 动词 (Verb)SGstagsPRstaggingPT, PPstagged
- VI (Britain) To act as a "stag", an irregular dealer in stocks.
- VT To watch; to dog, or keep track of.
- 副词 (Adverb)
- Of a man, attending a formal social function without a date.
- My brother went stag to prom because he couldn't find a date.
Meaning of stag for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 3
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 8
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en stage
- fr stage
- en stages
- fr stages
- fr stagnant