- 名词 (Noun)PLthingsSUF-ing
- That which is considered to exist as a separate entity, object, quality or concept.
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about […], or offering services that let you […], "share the things you love with the world" and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention.
- A word, symbol, sign, or other referent that can be used to refer to any entity.
- An individual object or distinct entity.
- INF Something that is normal or generally recognised.
- Bacon pie? Is that a thing?
- The latest fad or fashion.
- (in the plural) Clothes, possessions or equipment.
- INF A unit or container, usually containing edible goods.
- get me a thing of apple juice at the store;  I just ate a whole thing of jelly beans
- INF A problem, dilemma, or complicating factor.
- The car looks cheap, but the thing is, I have doubts about its safety.
- SLA A penis.
- A living being or creature.
- Think of banking today and the image is of grey-suited men in towering skyscrapers. Its future, however, is being shaped in converted warehouses and funky offices in San Francisco, New York and London, where bright young things in jeans and T-shirts huddle around laptops, sipping lattes or munching on free food.
- That which matters; the crux.
- that's the thing: we don't know where he went;  the thing is, I don't have any money
- Used after a noun to refer dismissively to the situation surrounding the noun's referent.
- Oh yeah, I'm supposed to promote that vision thing.
- INF That which is favoured; personal preference. (Used in possessive constructions.).
- (chiefly historical) A public assembly or judicial council in a Germanic country.
- 动词 (Verb)SGthingsPRthingingPT, PPthinged
- (rare) To express as a thing; to reify.
- It used to be that songs could not spell things out, but it is more liberal now.
- He gave a little wave and then turned back to the computer, sweating. He was shitting planks now. He had to do this thing properly.
- I'll never give up. I'm going to see this thing out.
- Things went well through the crisp toasts with oiled acciughe, blistered friggitello peppers from the garden.
- Things have been better since the boss has been laying off a little.
- Things would soon become bigger than the local nighteries.
- I need a present for my friend, and I think this is just the thing.
- Alvina Carroll, a streetballer, adds: “It’s not a girl thing.
- The freezing rain covered our windshield with ice and we couldn't see a thing.
Meaning of thing for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en things
- en thingummy
- en thingo
- en thinge
- en thingy