- 名词 (Noun)PLthirds
- The person or thing in the third position.
- Jones came in third.
- One of three equal parts of a whole.
- He ate a third of the pie. Divided by two-thirds.
- NU The third gear of an engine.
- Now put it into third.
- (music) An interval consisting of the first and third notes in a scale.
- They sing in thirds.
- (baseball) third base.
- The play ended with Jones standing on third.
- (archaic) One sixtieth of a second, i.e., the third in a series of fractional parts in a sexagesimal number system. Also formerly known as a tierce.
- 动词 (Verb)SGthirdsPRthirdingPT, PPthirded
- To agree with a proposition or statement after it has already been seconded.
- To divide into three equal parts.
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- The ordinal form of the cardinal number three; Coming after the second.
- The third tree from the left is my favorite.
- The third molar tooth erupts late in most people, and sometimes does not appear at all.
- The store brand Jell-O is just as good and one third the price.
- The third phase of oedema is sensitive to most clinically effective anti-inflammatory drugs, which have been frequently used to assess the antioedematous effect of natural products.
- The squeeze play is on. Jones bunts, and Smith scores from third!
- he so-called PIIIGS of Europe (Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Iceland, Greece and Spain) are all in the bottom third.
- Darren Bent slotted in a Stewart Downing cross to give Villa hope but that was ended when defender Nemanja Vidic thumped in United's third.
Meaning of third for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en third-rate
- en third-person
- en thirds
- en thirde
- en thirdly