- 形容词 (Adjective)SUF-ward
- OBS Future; to come.
- (dated) Approaching, coming near; impending; present, at hand.
- Yielding, pliant; docile; ready or apt to learn; not froward.
- (obsolete or archaic) Promising, likely; froward.
- Why, that is spoken like a toward prince. ― Shakespeare.
- 介系词 (Preposition)
- In the direction of.
- She moved toward the door.
- In relation to (someone or something).
- What are your feelings toward him?
- For the purpose of attaining (an aim).
- I'm saving money toward retirement.
- Located close to; near (a time or place).
- Our place is over toward the station.
- At lively talkbacks some accused the show of overly sympathetic attitudes toward evangelicals, while others said it mocked the faithful.
- Jeffery points out that among his neighbors are several ex-Roman Catholics who are leaning toward reinvolvement in the Church--but not on the old "do as we tell you, unquestioningly" terms.
- This prevalent tendency toward softmindedness is found in man's unbelievable gullibility.
Meaning of toward for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- Words suffixed with -ward
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en towards
- en towardly
- en towardness
- en towardliest
- en towardnesses