- 名词 (Noun)PLuses
- The act of using.
- In his submission to the UN, [Christof] Heyns points to the experience of drones. Unmanned aerial vehicles were intended initially only for surveillance, and their use for offensive purposes was prohibited, yet once strategists realised their perceived advantages as a means of carrying out targeted killings, all objections were swept out of the way.
- NU (followed by "of") Usefulness, benefit.
- What's the use of a law that nobody follows?
- A function; a purpose for which something may be employed.
- The use of algorithms in policing is one example of their increasing influence on our lives. And, as their ubiquity spreads, so too does the debate around whether we should allow ourselves to become so reliant on them – and who, if anyone, is policing their use.
- Occasion or need to employ; necessity.
- I have no further use for these textbooks.
- OBS (rare) Interest for lent money; premium paid for the use of something; usury.
- (archaic) Continued or repeated practice; usage; habit.
- OBS Common occurrence; ordinary experience.
- (religion) The special form of ritual adopted for use in any diocese.
- the Sarum, or Canterbury, use; the Hereford use; the York use; the Roman use; etc.
- (forging) A slab of iron welded to the side of a forging, such as a shaft, near the end, and afterward drawn down, by hammering, so as to lengthen the forging.
- 动词 (Verb)SGusesPRusingPT, PPused
- To accustom; to habituate.
- soldiers who are used to hardships and danger
- VT To employ; to apply; to utilize.
- Use this knife to slice the bread.
- We can use this mathematical formula to solve the problem.
- VT (often with “up”) To exhaust the supply of; to consume by employing.
- We should use up most of the fuel.
- VT To exploit.
- You never cared about me; you just used me!
- (dated) To behave toward; to act with regard to; to treat.
- to use an animal cruelly
- VI (now rare, literary) To habitually do; to be wont to do.
- to use diligence in business
- VI (past tense with infinitive) To habitually do. See used to.
- I used to get things done.
- We used videomanometry as an objective measure and the Swedish version of Sydney Swallowing Questionnaire as patient’s self-assessment at baseline and 1 and 6 months after treatment.
- We constructed the direct probability input files by using the interpatch dispersal probabilities which were automatically generated by Conefor.
- When we used to get home late at night, I would play possum so my daddy would carry me inside and put me in bed.
- Using cocommutativity of the Hopf algebra of symmetric functions, certain skew Schur functions are proved to be equal.
- Using the recently developed method of nasosorption with synthetic adsorptive matrices (SAM), a series of samples were taken.
- Using targeted drug delivery systems such as immunoliposomes that accumulate selectively in designated target cell types, the dosage of rapamycin may potentially be optimized.
- Since the last update, the program freezes up / freezes after a few minutes of use.
- In medium analyses, an aliquot of medium was centrifuged (600 g, 5 min, 4 °C) followed by recentrifugation of the supernatants (21,000 g, 10 min, 4 °C), and the resulting supernatants were used.
- Only two cases of spontaneous tracheal rupture are reported, in adults, one due to acquired tracheobronchomalacia and other due to long term steroid use.
Meaning of use for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr use
- en used
- en useful
- en useless
- en user