废物 浪费 垃圾
- 名词 (Noun)PLwastesSUF-té
- A waste land; an uninhabited desolate region; a wilderness or desert.
- A place that has been laid waste or destroyed.
- A large tract of uncultivated land.
- A vast expanse of water.
- A disused mine or part of one.
- The action or progress of wasting; extravagant consumption or ineffectual use.
- That was a waste of time
- Her life seemed a waste
- Large abundance of something, specifically without it being used.
- Gradual loss or decay.
- A decaying of the body by disease; wasting away.
- (rare) Destruction or devastation caused by war or natural disasters; See "to lay waste".
- Excess of material, useless by-products or damaged, unsaleable products; garbage; rubbish.
- The cage was littered with animal waste
- (law) A cause of action which may be brought by the owner of a future interest in property against the current owner of that property to prevent the current owner from degrading the value or character of the property, either intentionally or through neglect.
- (geology) Material derived by mechanical and chemical erosion from the land, carried by streams to the sea.
- 动词 (Verb)SGwastesPRwastingPT, PPwasted
- VT (now rare) To devastate or destroy.
- VT To wear away by degrees; to impair gradually; to diminish by constant loss; to use up; to consume; to spend; to wear out.
- VT To squander (money or resources) uselessly; to spend (time) idly.
- VT SLA To kill; to murder.
- VI Gradually lose weight, weaken, become frail.
- VI To be diminished; to lose bulk, substance, strength, value etc. gradually.
- (law) To damage, impair, or injure (an estate, etc.) voluntarily, or by allowing the buildings, fences, etc., to fall into decay.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMmore wasteSUPmost waste
- (now rare) Uncultivated, uninhabited.
- Barren; desert.
- Rejected as being defective; eliminated as being worthless; produced in excess.
- Oxygen levels on Earth skyrocketed 2.4 billion years ago, when cyanobacteria evolved photosynthesis: the ability to convert water and carbon dioxide into carbohydrates and waste oxygen using solar energy.
- Superfluous; needless.
- Dismal; gloomy; cheerless.
- Unfortunate; disappointing.
- That was the same slogan that Vice President Dan Quayle famously misrecalled in 1989 when he said, “What a waste it is to lose one’s mind.”
- She watched him wasting away from lack of food or exercise.
- I just filled out that survey on roadside waste pick-up.
- The national power committee has trouble disposing of nuclear waste.
- The farmer kept a pen with two pigs that he fed from table scraps and field waste.
Meaning of waste for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en wasted
- en wasteful
- en wastefulness
- en waster
- en wastepaper