water 中文 EN[ˈwɔːtə(ɹ)] UK US
水 浇水 水
- 名词 (Noun)PLwatersSUF-ter
- NU A substance (of molecular formula H₂O) found at room temperature and pressure as a clear liquid; it is present naturally as rain, and found in rivers, lakes and seas; its solid form is ice and its gaseous form is steam.
- By the action of electricity, the water was resolved into its two parts, oxygen and hydrogen.
- May I have a glass of water?
- Your plants need more water.
- Joe bustled back and offered her a glass of wine but she shook her head. “Just a water, please.”
- (alchemy, philosophy) The aforementioned liquid, considered one of the Classical elements or basic elements of alchemy.
- He showed me the river of living water, sparkling like crystal, flowing from the throne of God.
- (often in the plural) Any body of water, or a specific part of it.
- The boat was found in within the territorial waters.
- These seals are a common sight on the coastal waters of Chile.
- We had a great view of the waters of this place.
- A combination of water and other substance(s).
- Perrier is the most popular water in this restaurant.
- Many people visit Bath to take the waters.
- ammonia water
- Ser Dunaver's squire Jodge could not hold his water when he slept.
- Before the child is born, the pregnant woman’s waters break. ( UK )
- Before the child is born, the pregnant woman’s water breaks. ( North America )
- He suffers from water on the knee.
- (figuratively, in the plural or in the singular) A state of affairs; conditions; usually with an adjective indicating an adverse condition.
- The rough waters of change will bring about the calm after the storm.
- COL (figuratively) A person's intuition.
- I know he'll succeed. I feel it in my waters.
- NU (dated, finance) Excess valuation of securities.
- Iowa Governor Will Fight Rock Island Reorganization. He Says That Under the New Plan Too Much Water Is Put Into the Stock—Believes Plan Is Out of Harmony with Iowa Laws.
- The limpidity and lustre of a precious stone, especially a diamond.
- a diamond of the first water, i.e. one that is perfectly pure and transparent
- A wavy, lustrous pattern or decoration such as is imparted to linen, silk, metals, etc.
- 动词 (Verb)SGwatersPRwateringPT, PPwatered
- VT To pour water into the soil surrounding (plants).
- Aunt Em had just come out of the house to water the cabbages when she looked up and saw Dorothy running toward her.
- VT To wet or supply with water; to moisten; to overflow with water; to irrigate.
- VT To provide (animals) with water for drinking.
- I need to go water the cattle.
- VI To get or take in water.
- The ship put into port to water.
- VT COL To urinate onto.
- Nature called, so I stepped into the woods and watered a tree.
- VT To dilute.
- Can you water the whisky, please?
- VT (dated, finance) To overvalue (securities), especially through deceptive accounting.
- such agencies would make it possible for the railroads to water stock and evade the law subjecting security issues to public regulation
- VI To fill with or secrete water.
- Chopping onions makes my eyes water.
- The smell of fried onions makes my mouth water.
- VT To wet and calender, as cloth, so as to impart to it a lustrous appearance in wavy lines; to diversify with wavelike lines.
- to water silk
- The boiling temperature of pure water is 100 degrees Celsius.
- There is a vast amount of literature available that provides in-depth reviews of modeling shallow water flows using the finite difference, finite volume, and finite element methods.
- A drainage gallery of size 1.524 m. -- 0m. x 2.1336 m. -- 0.152 m. runs almost throughout the entire length of the main dam, to intercept sweepage water from the reservoir.
- Water damage caused the plywood of the floor to delaminate. The layers came apart and the whole piece had to be replaced.
- He may be rich and influential but he can't walk on water.
- Meanwhile, rinse the freekeh very well under cold water, tip it into a pan and cover with lots of salted water.
- After the day I had today, I feel like I could walk on water.
Meaning of water for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- fr water
- en waters
- en watery
- en waterfall
- en waterproof