井 好, 完全地 嘿
- 名词 (Noun)PLwells
- A hole sunk into the ground as a source of water, oil, natural gas or other fluids.
- A place where a liquid such as water surfaces naturally; a spring.
- A small depression suitable for holding liquid, or other objects.
- (figuratively) A source of supply.
- (nautical) A vertical, cylindrical trunk in a ship, reaching down to the lowest part of the hull, through which the bilge pumps operate.
- (nautical) The cockpit of a sailboat.
- (nautical) A compartment in the middle of the hold of a fishing vessel, made tight at the sides, but having holes perforated in the bottom to let in water to keep fish alive while they are transported to market.
- (nautical) A vertical passage in the stern into which an auxiliary screw propeller may be drawn up out of the water.
- (military) A hole or excavation in the earth, in mining, from which run branches or galleries.
- (architecture) An opening through the floors of a building, as for a staircase or an elevator; a wellhole.
- (metalworking) The lower part of a furnace, into which the metal falls.
- A well drink.
- They're having a special tonight: $1 wells.
- (video games) The playfield of Tetris and similar video games, into which the blocks fall.
- (biology) In a microtiter plate, each of the small equal circular or square sections which serve as test tubes.
- 动词 (Verb)SGwellsPRwellingPT, PPwelled
- To issue forth, as water from the earth; to flow; to spring.
- To have something seep out of the surface.
- Her eyes welled with tears.
- 形容词 (Adjective)COMbetterSUPbest
- In good health.
- I had been sick, but now I'm well.
- (archaic) Prudent; good; well-advised.
- 副词 (Adverb)COMbetterSUPbest
- (manner) Accurately, competently, satisfactorily.
- He does his job well.
- (manner) Completely, fully.
- a well done steak
- (degree) To a significant degree.
- That author is well known.
- (degree, Britain) SLA Very (as a general-purpose intensifier).
- In such manner as is desirable; so as one could wish; satisfactorily; favourably; advantageously.
- 感叹词 (Interjection)
- Used to acknowledge a statement or situation.
- “Well,” I says, “I cal'late a body could get used to Tophet if he stayed there long enough.” ¶ She flared up; the least mite of a slam at Doctor Wool was enough to set her going.
- An exclamation of surprise, often doubled or tripled.
- Well, well, well, what do we have here?
- Used in speech to express the overcoming of reluctance to say something.
- “Well,” I answered, at first with uncertainty, then with inspiration, “he would do splendidly to lead your cotillon, if you think of having one.” ¶ “So you do not dance, Mr. Crocker?” ¶ I was somewhat set back by her perspicuity.
- Used in speech to fill gaps; filled pause.
- “So what have you been doing?” “Well, we went for a picnic, and then it started raining so we came home early.”
- Proper bud pruning, green harvests where whole clusters are dumped on the ground to bolster final berry concentration, as well as a myriad of intensive practices between budset and harvest.
- Our experiments re-confirmed that mosses and lichens functioned better than PCs by decreasing soil buck density, increasing water holding capacity and infiltrability.
- Suggestion often works better than explicit demand.
- Best sources lean red meat, poultry, fish, dark green, leafy vegetables and wholegrain cereals.
- Well you tried it just for once, found it alright for kicks, but now you found it's a habit that sticks, and you're an orgasm addict, you're an orgasm addict.
- Well maybe there's a god above, but all I've ever learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you. - Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
- One risk of introducing potent material too fast is that a veteran could become retraumatized and perhaps unwilling to continue other kinds of therapy, as well.
- My wife hates football, and that goes for me as well.
- Flesh Gordon 2 - I remember that this one was chock full of big titters. Many of them looked like the natural variety, as well.
Meaning of well for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en well-known
- en wells
- en wellington
- en well-being
- en well-bred