without 中文 EN[wɪθˈaʊt] US
- 副词 (Adverb)COMmore withoutSUPmost withoutPREwith-
- (archaic or literary) outside, externally.
- Lacking something.
- Being from a large, poor family, he learned to live without.
- 连词 (Conjunction)
- Unless, except (introducing a clause).
- 介系词 (Preposition)
- (archaic or literary) Outside of, beyond.
- The snow was swirling without the cottage, but it was warm within.
- Not having, containing, characteristic of, etc.
- It was a mistake to leave my house without a coat.
- Not doing or not having done something.
- He likes to eat everything without sharing.
- He shot without warning anyone.
- My nosey next door neighbor turned me in for building my garage without a permit.
- If I had my way I'd withdraw all support for Jewsrael and let the Jew-Islam race war go on without USA intervening.
- I think that will be around 2012, when the net present value of solar electricity will basically be at parity with grid-based fossil fool electricity in many markets without subsidy.
- Without the proper resources, the young manager drew on his imagination to solve the crisis.
- Without a diploma, he relies on spiff alone to climb the corporate ladder.
- Without any sinister suspicion of anything being added or adempt. - Hugh Latimer.
- During the Great Depression, she learned to do without.
Meaning of without for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
- Words prefixed with with-
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 9
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en withoute
- en without day
- en withoutside
- en withoutness
- en without-door