- 名词 (Noun)PLworkingsSUF-ing
- (chiefly in the plural) Operation; action.
- Method of operation.
- (of bodies of water) Becoming full of a vegetable substance.
- 动词 (Verb)
- present participle of work.
- Leave him alone; he's working.
- 形容词 (Adjective)
- That is or are functioning.
- a working ventilator
- That suffices but requires additional work.
- a working copy of the script
- In paid employment.
- working mothers
- Of or relating to employment.
- the working week
- Enough to allow one to use something.
- a working knowledge of computers
- I had to back out the changes made to the computer when it became apparent that they had stopped it working properly.
- And to avoid any quantum entanglement, make sure that if you visit the show before it closes on the stardate equivalent to Sept. 20, your transporter is in working order.
- Regularly after working during the day he went to the ARP post at night to be on call should there be an air-raid.
- Working in an Operating Room desensitized me to the sight of blood.
- He sat there goofing off all day instead of working.
Meaning of working for the defined word.
- 词类阶层 (Part-of-Speech Hierarchy)
困难度: 级别 1
容易 ➨ 困难
明确性: 级别 7
明确的 ➨ 多用途
- en workings
- en workingman
- en workingmen
- en working on
- en working dog